The project lasted over a period of 3 years (02/2008- 12/2010) with the support of State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, Switzerland (SECO) and the Swiss Competition Commission (COMCO).
The Project would contribute to the establishment of a business environment that is conducive to the development of the private sector; and would deepen the application and the implementation of Vietnamese competition policies. The duration of the Project is three years.
Vietnam Competition Administration Department (VCAD) institutionally consolidated; greater awareness and support for competition law and policy in Vietnam; enhanced national and international visibility of VCAD; and increased awareness on competition and consumer protection issues and enhanced training possibilities.
- The Competition Law 2004 and Consumer Protection in Vietnam
- Representation of Consumer Interests in Competition Cases – The Role of Consumer Associations
- Handling Conflicts of Law in Consumer Protection
- Consumer Protection Laws in Asia: Prevailing Trends and Commonalities
- Major Issues in Drafting a Law on Consumer Protection for Vietnam
- Mergers and acquisitions & consumer welfare
- Violations of Competition and Consumer Protection Policy in the Pharmaceutical Industry in Vietnam
- Misleading advertising – Various Disguises in Vietnam
- Collective Actions for Damages in Consumer Protection Law: Why Consumer Association?
- Practices by Trade Assocations Prohibited under the Competition Law of Vietnam
- Consumer Protection in Financial Services
- Product Liability Laws
- Unfair Trade Practices and Unconscionable Conduct in Competition and Consumer Protection Law
- Mechanisms for Consumer Dispute Resolution and Redress
- Consumer Protection in E-commerce
- Consumer Protection in Public Utilities
- Consumer Protection and Professional services
Training modules on competition
- Module on the basics of Competition policy and law
- Module on introduction to competition analysis
- Module on horizontal agreements and cartel
- Module on vertical agreements
- Module on abuse of dominant position
- Module on mergers and acquisitions (M&As)
- Module on Competition advocacy
- Module on interface between competition policy and intellectual property rights
- Module on competition law and sector regulations
- Module on relationship between competition policy and consumer protection policy
- Module on competition policy and economic development